- Joseph Akinfenwa Donus better known as Joeboy is a Nigerian singer, songwriter, entertainer, stage performer, and recording artiste. He sings mainly R&B and Afropop and started singing when he was just 16 years old, releasing his first song at 17
- According to him, he was inspired by 9ice and ID Cabasa, with whom he used to hand out in the studio with and his ‘Shape Of You’ cover was a huge success
- Joeboy was born on the 21st of May, 1997 into a Yoruba family in Lagos State Nigeria. Joeboy is 23 as of 2020.
- He graduated from the University of Lagos (UNILAG) where he studied Human Resource, Joeboy grew up in a music-loving family – his dad played keyboard/piano in church while his elder brother sang in the choir.
countries.. Joeboy was the first of 100 recipients to earn a share of a $300,000 grant
- Joeboy started singing when he was 16 years old, At 17, he released his first-ever afrobeat song titled “Gbeseyin”. He continued with doing short music covers and sharing on social media.
- Joeboy was discovered by Mr. Eazi in 2017 after watching an Instagram video of his cover to Ed Sheeran’s “Shape of You“.
- He signed with Mr Eazi’s funding and mentorship program emPawa100, becoming one of 10,000 applicants from 14 countries.. Joeboy was the first of 100 recipients to earn a share of a $300,000 grant.
- Joeboy released Mr Eazi assisted track “Fààjí” on October 26, 2018; he used his portion of the grant he received from emPawa100 to shoot a video for the song.
Joeboy Net Worth
- Joeboy is fast-rising into the hall of fame as his primary source of income, for now, is his music. Joeboy net worth is not accurate but it was estimated to be $85,000
Joeboy Social Media Handles